THE ROBERTSBRIDGE PROJECT
Part of the 1975 1:2500 OS map of the area. Click to enlarge.
Two maps of the blast furnace (BF) and forge sites: (a) modern OS map (surveyed 1947),
(b) a satellite image, for comparison. Click to enlarge.
Tithe Award: The parish of Salehurst (included Robertsbridge) was surveyed in 1839,
and the pond for the forge covered fields numbered 74 and 129. Click to enlarge.
Ironworks 1567: Map drawn by David Martin, with suggested layout of the ironworks operated by the Sidneys. Click to enlarge.
After persistent rains during January and February, 2014, the depressed area which was originally
the forge pond filled with water as shown in the photo below. Click to enlarge.